Gesamtzahl der Seitenaufrufe

Sonntag, 6. April 2014

Top Down Curry


For quite a long time I wanted to knit a sweater again. I never had been very successful doing it. I had problems with measurement.

This Time I tried the recipe of Ann Budds Top Down Cardigan. I did a swatch and did what I was told to by the book. ...and it worked out well.

I bought the yarn at Karstadt in Bonn. It is Autermann Souflé and it had been on sale. I bought all the yellow ones (10) and two white and red each. The tag said 10 are enough for size 38 and I wear size 42. I planned to knit a very long cardigan with stripes.

Schon lange wollte ich mal wieder einen Pullover/Jacke stricken. Meine bisherigen Vetsuche waren Jahre her und nicht besonders erfolgreich. Fast immer hatte ich Probleme mit den Maßen.

Dieses Mal hielt ich mich an das Rezept von Ann Budd für einen Top Down Raglan Cardigan aus ihrem Buch. Die Wolle, Souflé von Austermann, habe ich in Bonn bei Karstadt gekauft. Sie war runtergesetzt und ich habe die letzten 10 in Gelb und jeweils 2 in rot und weiß gekauft. 10 sollten laut Banderole genug für Größe 38 sein, somit sollten 14 locker genug für meine Größe 42 sein.
Es sollte ein langer Cardigan mit Streifen werden.





I had enough yarn for a big collar. ... Which didn't fall nicely ... And the stripes were too clown like. 
I wasn't pleased. I thought of dying the cardigan when it is done. When I looked at it closely I assumed that the curry color would be enough for a shorter cardigan and that was what I changed it into.
I am very pleased.

Ich hatte genug Garn für einen großen Schalkragen, der dann gar nicht saß. Außerdem sah das ganze irgendwie nach Clown aus. Ich war nicht zufrieden. 
Bis mir auffiel, daß die Curry farbige Wolle für eine kurze Jacke reichen würde. Ich habe das ganze dann umgearbeitet und ... Jetzt bin ich mehr als zufrieden.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen