Gesamtzahl der Seitenaufrufe

Sonntag, 19. Januar 2014

Zauber Monster

I really liked the monster cowl by Julia Allen which I discovered in the Must Stash Podcast and I wanted to knit one too. Unfortunately I didn't read the pattern information and bought fingering instead of Aran yarn. And the pattern asks for various colors and striping them. I looked for self striping yarn and bought the Zauberball100. The stripes were to wide and didn't show the chevrons very well. 
...I was frustrated...and then I had the idea.
I uncoiled half of the yarn ball and started the cowl with a provisional cast on from one part of the yarn, knit two rows and and then used the other end for two rows. That way I went on and when the cowl had the right length, there were the same color combination as at the beginning. I sew it together in kitchener stitch, simple crocheted the edges, steamed it and was really pleased with the product.
I love it! 

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/monster-cowl-2
http://ravel.me/GaBoSocks/mc

Im Must Stash Podcast habe ich den Monster Cowl 
von Julia Allen entdeckt. Ein Zackenschal mit Streifen aus Aran Wolle. Leider habe ich diese Infos vor dem Kauf nicht gelesen und den Zauberball 100 in der Farbe Papagei gekauft. Ein sehr dünnes Garn mit laaaangem Farbwechsel. Die Zacken waren kaum zu sehen...war sehr enttäuscht! 
Doch dann hatte ich die Idee. Ich habe das Knäul halb abgewickelt und dann mit provisorischer Anschlagsreihe erst mit dem einen Ende zwei Reihen gestrickt und dann mit dem anderen. Und so weiter. So entstanden schmale Streifen, die die Zacken gut zeigen und das beste...zum Schluss hatte ich die gleiche Farbkombi wie am Anfang. Ich habe die Enden im Maschenstich zusammengenäht, die Ränder umhäkelt und den Schal gedämpft. Man sieht nicht wo der Anfang war.
Ich bin sehr zufrieden!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen